Our School Year is extended and reflecting the professional workplace, involves student choice as to when they take holidays and time away from their studies.
We understand how important it is for our students to have a school year which is aligned as closely as possible to other schools to ensure they have time with siblings, family, friends and out of school commitments, so we have kept a similar structure but with some key differences to offer our students exciting and extended opportunities.
‘Half term’ holidays - Students choose two from the three Half Term options for a week-long holiday during the year. One of the Half Term options will be selected by the student to take part in an Enrichment Week where students will participate in work placements, service learning, UK and overseas visits.
Term 4 - Term 4 is a three week term. Students can choose to attend term 4 Option 1 in July or Option 2 in August. In Term 4, students will have the option of local work placements, attend a Summer MBA course or overseas work placements, depending on their course of study and their choice.
Academic Year 2019/2020
- Term 1A - 02/09/19-25/10/19
- Half term/Enrichment Week - 25/10/19-04/11/19
- Term 1B - 04/11/19-19/12/19
- Winter Break - 19/12/19-06/01/20
- Term 2A - 06/01/20-14/02/20
- Half Term/Enrichment Week - 14/02/20-24/02/20
- Term 2B - 24/02/20-02/04/20
- Spring Break - 06/04/20-17/04/20
- Term 3A - 20/04/20-22/05/20
- Half Term/Enrichment Week - 25/05/20-29/05/20
- Term 3B - 01/06/20-03/07/20
- Option 1 Experience Placement - 06/07/20 - 24/07/20
- Option 1 Summer Break - 03/08/20 - 21/08/20
- Option 2 Experience Placement - 03/08/20 - 21/08/20
- Option 2 Summer Break - 06/07/20 - 24/07/20
All students have the following additional summer breaks:
27/07/20 and 24/08/20
All students are expected to work on canvas at home during staff training days - please contact the school if you need support with this request.
- Friday 25th October
- Thursday 19th December
- Friday 14th February
- Friday 3rd April
- Friday 26th June
External Examinations will still take place even if they are scheduled during school or bank holidays. The school will be open and running to allow these to take place.
Academic Year 2020/2021
- Term 1A - Tuesday 1 September - Friday 23 October (39 days)
- Half term/Enrichment Week 1 - Monday 26 October - Friday 30 October
- Term 1B - Monday 2 November - Friday 18 December (35 days)
- Winter Break - Monday 21 December - Friday 1 January
- Term 2A - Monday 4 January - Thursday 11 February (29 days)
- Half term/Enrichment Week 2 - Monday 15 February - Friday 19 February (All y13 Art students in school this week)
- Term 2B - Monday 22 February - Wednesday 31 March (28 days)
- Spring break - Friday 2 April - Friday 16 April (which includes Easter bank holidays)
- Term 3A - Monday 19 April - Friday 28 May (29 days)
- Bank holiday - Monday 3 May
- Half term/Enrichment Week 3 - Monday 31 May - Friday 4 June
- Term 3B - Monday 7 June - Thursday 1 July (19 days)
- Option 1 Experience Placement - Monday 5th July - Friday 23rd July (15 days)
- Option 1 Summer Break - Monday 26th July - Tuesday 31st August
- Option 2 Experience Placement - Monday 2nd August - Friday 20th August (15 days)
- Option 2 Summer Break - Monday 5th July - Friday 30th July and Monday 23rd August until Tuesday 31st August
School returns on Wednesday 1st September 2021.
All students are expected to follow their regular schedule on this day but working from home on Canvas. All students have devices and we work closely with families to ensure they have the resources they need to make this happen. Please contact the school if you require further assistance with this.
- Friday 23rd October
- Friday 18th December
- Friday 12th February
- Friday 1st April
- Friday 2nd July