Chester International School is a new type of state-funded school for 14-19 year olds of all abilities, designed to better prepare young people for life in an increasingly interconnected global economy.
The Vision is the result of a partnership between Christleton High School, Bank of America Merrill Lynch and other multinational businesses based in and around Chester. Together, we are committed to providing an educational experience that will equip young people from all backgrounds and abilities for future work anywhere in the world.
At Chester International School, our students will learn in ways which match their individual abilities and aspirations to real world employment opportunities. The unique learning experience, including a project-based approach to learning, access to personal coaches for personal development and, an extensive programme of work-experience and overseas visits will ensure that all students leave as:
Independent Minds. Global Citizens
Our mission statement and ethos as written in our prospectus states: Independent minds, global citizens.
Preparing our students for a prosperous career and a life filled with global opportunities.
In collaboration with our partners Christleton High School, Bank of America Merrill Lynch and other multi-national and local businesses based in and around Chester, we aim to:
- Provide a new educational model focused on developing international employability
- Help address the disparity between education, skills and employment outcomes for local young people
- Better prepare students for new developments in the international jobs market
- Better meet employer demand for highly developed and employable students with strong transferable skills
Chester International School is the ideal place for young people with independent and enquiring minds, and with a strong interest in the world around them. We aim to provide life-changing opportunities to students of all abilities and backgrounds. Logic, Communication and Creativity are the basis for students to be able to secure great jobs in whatever their area of interest. Subject and topic study has a strong international outlook to ensure our students leave us as global citizens with independent minds.
Students can expect to:
- Flourish and be challenged in a small school environment
- Develop their personal skills with the support of a personal coach
- Put their academic learning into action with project-based group challenges
- Broaden their horizons through an extensive programme of work experience and overseas visits
- Facilitate exceptional managed breadth in the curriculum
- Season our school with a cultural richness which will be of benefit to all of our students
- Connect us to the community of IB Schools
- Enable us to offer provision to the A Levels which are on offer at our sponsor academy
- To deliver a consistently excellent standard of education to every pupil in the school within a safe and nurturing environment
- To develop a curriculum at which actively promotes mutual respect, tolerance and understanding of others and is able to meet both the changing conditions in the world and the needs of the pupils in the School
- To be a comprehensive school, educating pupils with a wide range of abilities, predominantly in mixed-ability classes
- To be an accessible school so that, as far as possible, social and financial status do not act as barriers to entry and class groups include pupils from a wide range of backgrounds
- Support excellence in education by training and developing all current teachers and support staff in the school
- To establish and maintain a compliant and well run school that is financially viable and sustainable in every sense
- To ensure that CIS works closely with the parent body and wider community to nurture, sustain, develop and strengthen our community